Saturday, September 18, 2021

time to assert myself!

i think i've figured out something that's been bugging both me and msg lately. it kinda goes back to that post i made a few posts back, where i realized i've been basically cheating myself out of the fun of blogging by being so agreeable about the other girls taking center stage in that area.

which doesn't mean i want to be disagreeable about it now!

disagreeableness is not my thing.

but the thing is, there are things that are my thing!

i'm a me, right?

it's great to be gracious toward the people you love (toward everybody, really), but you have to be gracious toward yourself too, and that means, sometimes, standing up and saying, "okay, my turn!"

or even, "hey! look at me! woohoo! here i am and i'm awesome!"

i think what i'm basically saying is, my polyfam adores me, and even though that makes me want to give them the world and let them do whatever they want, it's not fair to them if i don't, you know, speak up and express myself and give them examples of my clairerific terrific-ness to adore.

it's like, along with being amazing and adorable and the light of people's lives comes the responsibility to actually do amazing and adorable stuff.

otherwise i'm cheating them and me out of a world of amazingly adorable experiences.

so here goes, then.

not all claire, all the time!, but definitely more claire, more of the time!

No comments: