Wednesday, October 27, 2021

two birds

i was about to write a post about making a new goal and having that new goal be to get back to writing my novel, but ...

the first thing i thought of for a title was, two birds, one stone.

which, then my brain had to go and think, wow, that's a mean figure of speech. who's out there throwing stones to kill birds? and getting so good at it that they can kill two with one stone?

and then my brain was also like, claire. seriously. it's just a metaphor, probably hundreds of years old. move on, already!

except that would still leave me needing a title, and i'd already typed the "two birds" part, so i wondered if there was any way i could save it, and then my brain came up with: two birds, one stoned.

hah! suddenly i'm thinking of these two birds ...

bird #1: whoa, dude. you look out of it today.

bird #2: yeah man, i am soooo stoned.

bird #1: well be careful or some human's gonna hit you with a rock!

bird #2: no way, i'm just going to walk around right behind you all day and you can be my shield.

bird #1: uh ... i guess that's okay.

bird #2: totally! i mean, what could go wrong?

anyway, there's my post. setting a new goal, digging out my waaaay old book, and two birds, one stoned.

xoxo,

claire

No comments: